Friday, September 14, 2018

Rustic Ratatouille

 


Another very delicious recipe.  

This is another recipe that I'll use again and again....a great way to use up fresh produce from the garden.  I sent the link to The Farmer and he said he would just stop and get something on his way home....hahaha.  He didn't.

The substitutions on this one were:
  • I used a PattyPan Squash instead of the zucchini because they were fresh and our zucchini is done for the year and are in the freezer.
  • I had 3 green bell peppers and 1 yellow one instead of the red ones.
  • I used 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
  • about a teaspoon of dry rosemary
  • only 1 jar of chickpeas (yeah, I can my own so they are in a jar)
  • tomatoes, I used ripe red and yellow ones, I'm not picky about the type they are
  • and I sprinkled the dried basil onto the baking dish with the vegetables instead of on top when it was done.  
I used the balsamic vinegar on top of mine, but The Farmer opted not to do so and he said it was good.  I absolutely LOVED mine with the vinegar on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation Chapter 2

  Revelation Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus   “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the sev...